how to integrate my guestbook!

General topics relating to phpBB3 to be posted in here.
cisco007
Staff
Staff

how to integrate my guestbook!

Post by cisco007 »

I have tried to integrate my guestbook with my forums header, but no luck I have asked the guestbooks designers but no luck either I have tried the tutorial for the links found on this site, and still can't get it to work. The guestbook comes with a include code which is

Code: Select all

<?php include('C:\xampp\htdocs\foro\libro\gbinclude.php'); ?>
it says to paste it in the location i want it to appear but the page has to have a php extension, but I end up with errors. tried the tutorial from this site. I put the above mentioned included code in this iframe

<iframe name="FRAME1" src="/foro/libro/" width="740" height="100" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
the only thing i get is the top of the guestbook if i add the whole include code to the the iframe in the html. I end up with this error

You cannot access this file directly.
This file is designed to make integrating the guestbook into your site easier.
Place the code you will find in the Style section of the admin into a webpage where you want the guestbook to appear.
Please remember that the page you place the include code on must end with the .php extension and not .htm nor .html
please help! :beg:
cisco007
Staff
Staff

Re: how to integrate my guestbook!

Post by cisco007 »

Sorry I wasted a post but seems like i have got it, this is all i had to change on the links.html, I erased all i didn't need and kept this just change the source to your folder and that is it, you might have to play around with the width and height a little but, thanks alot anyways LDM for you wanting to help!

<!-- INCLUDE overall_header.html -->

<p align="center"><iframe src="path-to-your-whatever" name="libro" width="980" marginwidth="0" height="920" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" id=es ></iframe></p>

<!-- INCLUDE overall_footer.html -->
I guess the chat thing will work this same way huh?!?!?
:yahoo: :thumbsup: :good:
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

It should, but I wouldn't call it links.php or links.html in case you add a links page later on. Call it guestbook.php and guestbook.html and link it to /guestbook.php in header navigation.
cisco007
Staff
Staff

Post by cisco007 »

yeah 10-4, i just wanted to get the hang of it, just making sure i was doing it right thanks a lot for your help! :D :grin: