Showing number of avatars in gallery?

General topics relating to phpBB3 to be posted in here.
Jynxx
Forum Member
Forum Member

Showing number of avatars in gallery?

Post by Jynxx »

Is there a way to show a certain number of gallery avatars at once? Like make pages? I know there was a hack for phpbb2 that added pages to the gallery and you could specify how many avatars showed up on each page. Thats pretty much exactly what I am looking for now. I have my forum in an iframe, and the gallery just keeps on going.
Help?

Thanks in advance!!!
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Showing number of avatars in gallery?

Post by LDM »

As far as I am aware, I don't think there is a mod like that or at least I haven't seen it before.

One way to do, is to create directories within the avatars directory.

So for instance, 3 directories:

Cars P.1
Cars P.2
Cars P.3

That way you can select the pages in the dropdown and not wait a year while it loads one page full of avatars :good:
Jynxx
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Jynxx »

Thats what I was afraid of lol. I just have about 800 random avatars ive piled together, and I was hoping for a quick "Show 20 avatars per page" type thing.
Thank you though! Looks like I have some math and some moving of files to do ;)
Jynxx
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Jynxx »

Ya know what.... I actually did that (put in 10 groups of 20) and whenever I tried to change to them it kept giving me an error sayin that it was trying to say hight and width were telling the SQL they were NULL, and that was not acceptable? Something like that. I ended up deleting them all.
Any idea what that was about? I have my dimensions set to 200x200 and the size is way more than an avy should ever be, like 20mb. So there should be NO problem installing a 140x140 11k avatar, right?
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

I've been working on IPB for days so a little confused thinking about phpBB, but in ACP, you can specify what size avatars are allowed in the forum (though that shouldn't make too much issue if they are gallery ones)

Also, have a look at maximum file sizes for avatars too, within the same part of settings.

On top of that, it may be worth adding a .htaccess file with a bit more memory added to it. Not sure if you know too much about htaccess, but you will have one in root by default with phpBB.