memebers permissions

General topics relating to phpBB3 to be posted in here.
tris
Forum Member
Forum Member

memebers permissions

Post by tris »

After saying goodnight I changed my mind Lol

A general PHPBB3 question
is it possible to edit the permissions for all you users in short over writing the settings for each members current permissions?

what the situation is that when I set up my forum, which was a new project for me, rather than putting people into groups they were all kept in the same group with different permissions, I am wanting to correct that now but hoping that I won't have to do it one by one
from what I can see I need to return all the users to standard rights and then post them in the relevant group
any help or advice on that?
teh1337Bitty
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: memebers permissions

Post by teh1337Bitty »

tris wrote:After saying goodnight I changed my mind Lol

A general PHPBB3 question
is it possible to edit the permissions for all you users in short over writing the settings for each members current permissions?

what the situation is that when I set up my forum, which was a new project for me, rather than putting people into groups they were all kept in the same group with different permissions, I am wanting to correct that now but hoping that I won't have to do it one by one
from what I can see I need to return all the users to standard rights and then post them in the relevant group
any help or advice on that?
Remove all the users from their groups?
tris
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by tris »

In short I have a mix some members have full PM rights and some don't (due to span issues) and a few other difference the problem is I rather stupidly (didn't know better at the time) edited the individuals permissions but left them all in the same group, what I am looking to do is change all the members so they have the same permissions within the group
Sewell
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Sewell »

Make a new group - Go into that members groups - Change to the new group