Installing smilies

General topics relating to phpBB3 to be posted in here.
tanner6565
Forum Member
Forum Member

Installing smilies

Post by tanner6565 »

Hi all,

I am having problems trying to install some smilies The problem is everytime i go to install them it says i have to fill in the Smiley code and Emotion, but i have no idea what it means.

I can upload the smilies via FTP no problem but it's the installation section i don't get

I've installed smilies via the "Install smilies package" section before (but where crap ones) but can't remember where i got them from.

Plus i've seen some excellent ones one here and would like to use them

Any help would be great.

Cheers

John
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Installing smilies

Post by LDM »

Ashley is the best to give advice as she seems to like her smilies!

First upload them to your smilies folder then go into admin - posting - 'add multiple smilies' and make the screen bigger by hitting the arrow (this makes the adding smilies easier with more room)
addsmiliestophpbb3.jpg
Select the smilie to add by checking the box on the far right and where to be placed (posting page or more smilies link)

Smiley code is quick keys so you could just type a series of keys instead of clicking. So for instance you could make 'lol' the laughing smiley, that way when someone adds 'lol' to a post this appears :lol:
The Emotion is a description of what it is, so for instance you could call the above 'Laugh'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tanner6565
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Installing smilies

Post by tanner6565 »

Ok cheers pal