phpBB3 Portal

Post any general problems, information or issues on ModphpBB3 in here.
GirlieGirl
Forum Member
Forum Member

phpBB3 Portal

Post by GirlieGirl »

I would love to run a portal on my site but Im not sure which one.
I really like phpnuke because Im familiar with it but I dont know how to integrate my modphpbb3 into it.
Or should I use;
http://damysterious.xs4all.nl/
or
http://www.phpbb3portal.com/
???
Will my modphpbb3 work with any of those?
Thank you!
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: phpBB3 Portal

Post by LDM »

I personally am not keen on portals. Depending on the site content, I just feel they are a waste of space. I would much rather just create extra pages on the forum install when they are needed.

That's just my opinion, as some sites run well on portals.

I personally cannot stand phpnuke. Damysterious portal is good for running a new site (fully modded version) though if integrating it can't get tricky if you have mods installed as the forum index runs on blocks. phpBBportal seems the most common to me and integrates well in with phpBB.
GirlieGirl
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: phpBB3 Portal

Post by GirlieGirl »

Thank you LDM. (And hi! :D )
To be honest with you I thoroughly checked out portals compared to your modphpbb3 and I found yours to be much better. It had everything plus some when it comes to features.
The portal is something my members are really familiar with and feel they have more things to see and places to go on the site.
Your suggestion of adding more pages sounds great but I havent a clue how LDM, thats why I keep looking for the packaged deals. Some of the things I need are a calendar for events, a photo gallery with sub-albums, and Id love to have some type of 'driving directions' available too. (I saw a mod for phpnuke for one so I know its doable.) And I need most of these to show up on almost all the pages.
Ill just keep picking away at it and only do what I can do.
No matter what I do Im not getting rid of modphpbb3. I love it too much.