Problems With Converting board

Having trouble installing ModphpBB3 - Post any questions or issues in here.
dannypritchett01
Forum Member
Forum Member

Problems With Converting board

Post by dannypritchett01 »

Fatal error: SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'phpbb_ads' already exists [1050]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists. in /usr/local/4admin/apache/vhosts/dannysgamefowlfarm.com/httpdocs/forums/includes/db/dbal.php on line 657

24 Hour History:
[*]Forum Version 3.0.0 Updated to 3.0.1
[*]Forum Version 3.0.1 Updated to 3.0.2
[*]Forum Version 3.0.2 Updated to 3.0.4
[*]Database Saved For Later Use (Members, Posts, Forums and all Already Present)
[*]Overwrote 3.0.4 Stock with Modded Version
[*]Uploaded ads folder from Schemas post and ran update.php
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problems With Installation...

Post by LDM »

Open ftp and go to /ads folder. Delete schemas folder and create_schema_files.php
dannypritchett01
Forum Member
Forum Member

I did as you asked but now getting this...

Notice: SCHEMA_NOT_EXIST in /usr/local/4admin/apache/vhosts/dannysgamefowlfarm.com/httpdocs/forums/ads/update.php on line 128

Fatal error: SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Unknown column 'user_arcade_permissions' in 'field list' [1054]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists. in /usr/local/4admin/apache/vhosts/dannysgamefowlfarm.com/httpdocs/forums/includes/db/dbal.php on line 657
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

This isn't a fresh install is it? There are no 1.0.5 upgrade details out yet to upgrade as it only came out before Christmas.

How many members, posts, etc did you have on your board Danny?
dannypritchett01
Forum Member
Forum Member

I had a bunch. The sites been active for 3 years, and theirs many topics i hate to lose. They are what keep people coming back to our site even the new users. Would it be possible to import the users, posts, forums into the moddeds sql database. When I tried yesterday it gave me errors something about 1 key 1 or something
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

No you are much better doing it the other way by adding the modded sql to the running forums database.

Remember it is for 1.0.4 within that thread just now, so it's at your own risk. You will need to run a few more queries by adding the ads schemas and a few other bits.

You are best to reinstall your back up for now.
dannypritchett01
Forum Member
Forum Member

I really wanna get this running. I tried importing the sql from the v5 zip file but it wont import because tables already exist. However theirs areas under those tables that need added that arent in there. I guess I could go back to the old forum or I could try to mod my old forum myself with mods but I am not sure of how to do it. I know more about modding phpprobid than phpbb forums.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

The modded.sql in 1.0.5 is for new forums only.

The only way to do it, is to reinstall backup to original phpBB, then add the files from 1.0.5 (forum version only) and add the database changes. Most of which is in that thread here for 1.0.4 and some more queries for the other mods added that are not in that SQL.
dannypritchett01
Forum Member
Forum Member

I know I have taken a lot of your time already, would you be willing to post all sql queries that need entered? If you could do this I will be so greatful. Will the gallery allow each user to have his own gallery? or is it sitewide gallery? Also does it show a link in their profile such as "my gallery" or anything. Once this is running I would be more than glad to put a banner on my site advertising your site. Sure some of the site members may make donations for the nice work too.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

Gellery is both 'user' and 'sitewide'
dannypritchett01
Forum Member
Forum Member

I decided to install your projects version instead of the old one because I couldnt get my backup to work properly.

I tried importing just the users via sql and I get this error...

#1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

What would cause that? I would hate to make my members reregister. They may not like that too much and may not come back.
dannypritchett01
Forum Member
Forum Member

How much would you charge me via paypal to fix the remainder of my forums? I have the database entries. All forums, topics, posts are there and even showing what users posted them. However I couldnt import users and a few other things.
dannypritchett01
Forum Member
Forum Member

Also would you pm the password for the Adult Games section? I cant get in with my own password. I am 21 and cant get in.
dannypritchett01
Forum Member
Forum Member

Finally got all of my users in the forum. Basically for anyone that wants to try it is I compared the tables of phpbb_users from both my stock phpbb to my phpbbmodded files. Ran a few queries to make the databases have the same amount of columns (remember im dumb when it comes to sql and all that but I figured this out after only 4 days, lol.)

These were the ones I had to add to my old database and then do an export of the users of that database to make them work in the new one when I imported it and the reason is because they are things that the mods need to work. So without them in the old database the column numbers wont match. Dont ask me how I figured this out but it took a lot of time and thinking and frustration. Im about 95% converted now from my stock version to the modded version by just installing the full moddedphpbb from this site and just manually running sql queries.

This will at least keep your users from having to reregister. Then you can import your old forums etc, Have fun, its been a long journey for me and im still not through!

ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` ADD `user_arcade_pm` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '1';
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` ADD `games_per_page` smallint(4) unsigned NOT NULL default '0';
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` ADD `games_sort_dir` varchar(1) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default 'a';
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` ADD `games_sort_order` varchar(1) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default 'n';,
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` ADD `user_gender` tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL default '0';
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` ADD `user_arcade_permissions` mediumtext collate utf8_bin NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` ADD `user_arcade_perm_from` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0';
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` ADD `user_reminder_inactive` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0';
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` ADD `user_reminder_zero_poster` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0';
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` ADD `user_reminder_inactive_still` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0';
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` ADD `user_reminder_not_logged_in` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0';
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` ADD `user_flag` varchar(2) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL default '';
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

You done well there, long way round but sounds like you sorted it :good: