SQL file

Having trouble installing ModphpBB3 - Post any questions or issues in here.
mixland
Forum Member
Forum Member

SQL file

Post by mixland »

Hello, i recently installed your modded forum, all though i forgot to upload the sql file to my database,

if i upload it now, will it erase my whole forum inluding posts,users,topics,subforums etc etc ?
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: SQL file

Post by LDM »

Your forum wouldn't have any posts without that sql and an active database.

If you mean you have phpbb3, and want to know if overwriting the files and running that modded.sql will overwrite the standard forum, yes it will.
mixland
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by mixland »

LDM wrote:Your forum wouldn't have any posts without that sql and an active database.

If you mean you have phpbb3, and want to know if overwriting the files and running that modded.sql will overwrite the standard forum, yes it will.
okay thank you.
mixland
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by mixland »

Btw LDM, what happens if you do not upload the "modded" file in your database, thats what i did previously.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

It either won't work, or you won't be able to use any of the mods installed. The modded sql is the database entries for all the mods to run.
kemraj
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by kemraj »

If you need help merging your previous database and the modded database contact me i will help you i know alot of people are getting problems but i found a way out
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

Would it not be easier to post up the help where its requested?
mixland
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by mixland »

kemraj wrote:If you need help merging your previous database and the modded database contact me i will help you i know alot of people are getting problems but i found a way out
So what your saying, is that, with the old topics, users, posts etc etc, you would be able to bring that into the modded database??

cause if thats what your saying it would help me heaps.
GirlieGirl
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by GirlieGirl »

kemraj wrote:If you need help merging your previous database and the modded database contact me i will help you i know alot of people are getting problems but i found a way out
If youve found a solution to an issue with ModphpBB3 then why not post it here for everyone to benefit from?
kemraj
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by kemraj »

kemraj
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by kemraj »

YEa admin i was spaming geez well if guys the admin don't wnat you guys to know how to merge you database he deleted all the post i made and said my post was spam good one admin
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

It's a community support forum, a forum for users to share help and info on ModphpBB and phpBB. Directing users to your own non-phpBB related forum probably for paid help isn't a form of spamming to you?

If you have help or info to share, please do here.
mixland
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by mixland »

Could someone tell me how to import my previous sql into my new sql so i don't lose all my users, posts, topics etc etc.? :(
Sewell
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Sewell »

If you give us a few days, I will dig out what I done to get it running on my forum with 402,867 posts.

It will be a 'no come backs if fails' though. ;)