Forum keeps kicking members out

Post any general problems, information or issues on ModphpBB3 in here.
Anggun
Forum Member
Forum Member

Forum keeps kicking members out

Post by Anggun »

I'm not sure if this is problem specific to modphpbb3 or phpbb3 in general... But this is the 1st time I've installed modphpbb3.

The forum keeps on kicking members out after a few minutes and they have to log in again.... Its getting frustrating to have to log in every few minutes. I've followed the instructions to a T and cookies and server setting have been changed to reflect our forum url. Session length is set at 1 hour.

I'm not sure what when wrong. Any clues?
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Forum keeps kicking members out

Post by LDM »

Welcome Anggun

This may temporarily happen when you set up your board, until you delete cookies and change settings in admin, but for your forum to be taking new members and it's still happen, is a little strange.

Could you let me know your domain, and the settings you have for cookies in admin. I will delete them after I have read the post.
GirlieGirl
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by GirlieGirl »

This was happening to me with a few members and they were also having problems registering so I went into the ACP and really let up on the security of IP's etc. Probably not recommended but it worked.
Anggun
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Anggun »

Cookie settings

Server URL settings

The forum is hosted under a1a.bplaced.net but is parked under the domain of forum.vlrb.co.cc
Did I do it wrongly?
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

Have edited your post, just for security.

That's the problem, you have two different settings within that part. Just set both with the a1a.bplaced address, and see how you get on with that. So just change that one domain in Server URL settings to the other address.
Anggun
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Anggun »

Thank you... I did just that in the beginning but when it didn't worked... I changed it to what I have previously posted...
After posting the above... I decided to try again and use the same address for both settings ..... after one hour, it suddenly worked..
I guess it needs time?
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

Yes, though only mainly for you as you have been active on the site, it still is remembering the cookies. It will be fine for everyone else, as they should have the changes working straight away where they haven't been active since you changed it.

To speed up your own cookies updating, go to the bottom of your board, and hit 'delete board cookies' (if using prosilver) and that will refresh the cookies again for the session. You will have to re-login again.