phpBB2 Conversion Observation - Birthdays

Post any general problems, information or issues on ModphpBB3 in here.
uk_martin
Forum Member
Forum Member

phpBB2 Conversion Observation - Birthdays

Post by uk_martin »

Just something that has emerged from the migration project that I'm currently undertaking. The Birthdays database seems to have imported all the days into the month table, and the months in the days table, or something to this effect.

For someone whose birthday is on 5th December, then the phpBB3 profile will show 12th May. As the months onlty go up to 12, it also means that anyone with a birthday between 12th and 31st of a month will not have a month for their birthday entered at all.

Maybe some SQL tweaking could be arranged to get around this? Better still if some SQL routine to get users days and months and to transpose them so that they are the right way around, could be written.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: phpBB2 Conversion Observation - Birthdays

Post by LDM »

hmm, that is a strange one, not heard of that before.

I am not sure if an sql query would work, technically yes, but not sure if 'trial and error' would make it worse.

Some conversions from phpBB2 to phpBB3 may expect little probs like that and to be honest, you might be quicker just mass emailing and get users to add birthdays again.
uk_martin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: phpBB2 Conversion Observation - Birthdays

Post by uk_martin »

Actually what I am doing is a bit more boring than that. My old phpBB2 site had a MOD that gave the site "Custom Profile Fields" which weren't standard in the old system. (and of course the non-standard won't feature in the automated conversion, so, it's back to a manual solution)

I've now configured the Custom Profile Fields in v3 and am going through all the registered users, one by one in the ACP, copying/pasting the info across, to make the migration as seamless as possible for them. I'm amending the birthdays as I go.

Once this boring phase is over, I'll be a much happier person lol