portal.php

Having trouble installing ModphpBB3 - Post any questions or issues in here.
silent_thunder
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: portal.php

Post by silent_thunder »

there are pre modded portal available may be you confused this with those!!

I am using the modded phpbb3 beta i have no such file!! Anyway installing a portal is useless. It makes your forum look awkward. Its better to wait and install joomla or drupal brigde once it gets finished. Jfusion is nearly there
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: portal.php

Post by LDM »

I quite agree about portal's, it just puts an unnecessary area onto a forum. All the content is on the forum anyway, that members or guests will see.

I think it may have been prior to your signing up here silent_thunder, but this site was running Joomla 1.5 and JFusion originally and just put the forum back into the root (as when it started) mainly because of the reason above. There wasn't anything really within the front site that couldn't be done from within a forum.
JFusion worked better than I thought it would, the odd JText error, but it did bridge quite well. It bridged with phpBB3 better than anything else I've seen or used at the moment (exceptions of board3portal obviously). I'd really like to see that wordpress bridge picked up again, far too buggy to even think about just now.