How can i install modphpbb3? godaddy hosting.

Having trouble installing ModphpBB3 - Post any questions or issues in here.
BigSlice
Forum Member
Forum Member

How can i install modphpbb3? godaddy hosting.

Post by BigSlice »

Hey I am looking to install modphpbb3 onto my forum I currently have phpbb3 3.0.8 installed but due to me having no php and mysql knowledge and my html is very very basic. I installed phpbb via godaddys one click applications service. I dont know how to access phpmyadmin or anything :(. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
cisco007
Staff
Staff

Re: How can i install modphpbb3? godaddy hosting.

Post by cisco007 »

shouldn't you ask godaddy how to reach those areas, not all hosts have the same way to get to those areas!
you will have to ask them first! I really don't know how to help you that way! unless someone here has their hosting with them and know about it!
BigSlice
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by BigSlice »

cisco007 wrote:shouldn't you ask godaddy how to reach those areas, not all hosts have the same way to get to those areas!
you will have to ask them first! I really don't know how to help you that way! unless someone here has their hosting with them and know about it!
Hey thanks for the response I managed to find out how to do what i needed to do but ended up with an sql error :'( I managed to install phpbb 3.0.8 seo and will now try and do the conversion following the guide thats on your site thanks :D hopefully all goes according to plan this time.
VoxPopuli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by VoxPopuli »

Login at GoDaddy, go to your dashboard and after it has loaded in one of the boxes you need to open will be the SQL database options. Create a database, write down the name and path as well as password to the database.

Afterward it will state it will take xxx minutes or hours b4 it's available. I have never had to wait more than 15 minutes and I have 7-8 databases running there.