Installation - Sql error

Having trouble installing ModphpBB3 - Post any questions or issues in here.
Reign
Forum Member
Forum Member

Installation - Sql error

Post by Reign »

Hi Everyone,

First of all thanks heaps for the opportunity of having this forum script.. I have tried to install it and being an utter nub that I'am I have run into a problem and wondering if someone can shed a light on how to fix it :beg:

Code: Select all

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) [2002]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
that is my error now I thought I did the config.php stuff correct so I'm not sure on where to go from here.. any help is appreciated..

thanks
cisco007
Staff
Staff

Re: Installation - Sql error

Post by cisco007 »

that has nothing to do with the package that is a Server or host problem maybe too many connections on the server, that is a problem with most free hosting or cheaper hosting!
BigSlice
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by BigSlice »

I too am having this problem after trying to install it :( i dont get it with a standard phpbb install though :s my host is godaddy. any ideas on how I can fix it?
cisco007
Staff
Staff

Post by cisco007 »

you don't get it with a standard install because a vanilla installation doesn't have any mods in it!
you server probably times out when installing this premod because of some of the mods database entries it needs to add, you might not be getting enough time from your server to install it! you might have to find out if you can raise the execution time for your package or something!