Phpbb3 to Modphpbb3 1.0.6 Conversion Upgrade Possible ?

Having trouble installing ModphpBB3 - Post any questions or issues in here.
microlabart
Forum Member
Forum Member

Phpbb3 to Modphpbb3 1.0.6 Conversion Upgrade Possible ?

Post by microlabart »

Hi, I am trying to upgrade my current light modded phpbb 3.0.6 board to modphpbb3.

I uploaded and replaced all phpbb3 files with modphpbb3 files, left out the config.php file only, but then when I went to do the SQL work all I found was some thing else(the demo boards SQL)

So is there anyway we can get the SQL entrys that needed to be changed / added so I can simply take my users and migrate to Modphpbb3?
spiderpig2503
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Phpbb3 to Modphpbb3 1.0.6 Conversion Upgrade Possible ?

Post by spiderpig2503 »

You can not upgrade a already moded version of php to the newer version, You can try do a database backup of just you users and restore that on to the new board but it may not work if you curent bord has any user mods like flags etc.
microlabart
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by microlabart »

no no spiderpig ! I think you misunderstood me.

I have a phpbb3.0.6 board which I want to convert to modphpbb3 and retain my posts users forums etc settings.

BTW: I know how to use the phpbb3 STK tool kit to fresh my database and undo all mods but thats not what I am asking for since I already know that lol..:)
spiderpig2503
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by spiderpig2503 »

If its a plain board then you should just be able to backup the users and topics etc and restore it on the moded board since there is no mods to conflict it.
microlabart
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by microlabart »

do you have any instructions ? I am confused .I dont think phpbb3 lets us backup users and posts, forums etc etc and restore them on any other board....

I am able to overwrite the phpbb3 original files with mod phpbb3, that part is okay but the part where we have to inject SQL, it has no instructions.

I have followed this post here: http://www.modphpbb3.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1036 but its for 1.0.5 and has no SQL things for 1.0.6
spiderpig2503
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by spiderpig2503 »

If you go to maintenance you can do a backup and download all you need to do then is upload it it to the right file which i think is called store (dont quote me) then go to maintenance on the new board and select restore and it should come up with that file, Try selecting just the users or topics first though to make sure it works
microlabart
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by microlabart »

it didnt actually work that way I'm afraid. I reckon what we need is some kind of conversion instructions like there was one for 1.0.5 here http://www.modphpbb3.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1036

maybe LDM can enlighten us on how to convert a basic phpbb3 board to modphpbb3 ?
microlabart
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by microlabart »

bump ? Cant anybody get back to me on this? How will we upgrade to modphpbb3 1.0.6 without any instructions ?
uk_martin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by uk_martin »

Are you familiar with using phpMyAdmin in your site's Control Panel? If so, you can export selected tables from the existing database and then re-import them to a new database (overwriting the originals) when you have a new installation ready to run. Make sure that stuff like database table prefixes etc are the same in both DB's though.
microlabart
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by microlabart »

I have already tried that martin, but that didnt work and ended up with some errors, I dont know WHY LDM wont comment on this subject, its like those of us who have existing phpbb3 boards and would like to use modphpbb3, we are left out.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

There isn't a reply because there isn't (as it stands today), a conversion for phpBB vanilla. The downloads have only just been finished, some styles are being edited and with just two of us working on it, we haven't even looked at the possibility of a conversion with this version yet.
Southy23
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Southy23 »

IF we change our current phpbb3 to the premodded phpbb3
and add the same db prefixes as our current one ie if our db says phpbb and the modded one is phpbb3 would it still work with just moving the selected tables?
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

hmm not too sure as it is quite a biggish job trying to cover and remember what you have added and not.

The tables have the default name of phpbb but certain mods such as arcade mainly rely on running the tables script through installation of arcade.

Best way is to test first in a sub directory, take your current forum and install it from backup then try that way.