ModphpBB3 1.0.5 New Release

Get Announcements on ModphpBB3 in here. Please do not post questions regarding ModphpBB3 in here.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ModphpBB3 1.0.5 New Release

Post by LDM »

To be honest, it will more than likely look like Jan 09 at the moment. I'm busy getting another forum up, and want to make sure 1.0.5 is the best yet without adding any buggy mods.
cisco007
Staff
Staff

Post by cisco007 »

Take your time, I don't think anybody is in that bad of a hurry to get this release, they are just anxious that's all. They can always start out by installing phpbb 3.0.3 for now! :good:
silent_thunder
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by silent_thunder »

include SEO Mod it is a must, it works fine with phpbb3.0.3 i had tested it and using it.

http://phpbb-seo.com i am talking about this SEO mod.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

No that won't ever be on a version and I tell you why.

While those guys there are doing a fantastic job, it can be a massive problem when the phpBB version upgrades to get your board updated with that mod on. So far, auto updating ModphpBB3 with the phpBB auto updater has been pretty flawless. With the Seo Mod, you have to wait for those guys to make an auto updater to upgrade the boards running it because of the edits the mod has on core files.

I also think for forums that have been running a while, adding the mod can actually hinder a forum for SEO. I'm sure it helps new fresh forums, but I haven't really tried it and studied the difference between running that and the different effect it has compared to default phpBB.

ModphpBB3 has the advanced meta mod on, which I think is good for at least adding description on the fly for SEO.
Daxcossie
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Daxcossie »

Will this update include the gallery mod or Paypal donation option ?
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

It's out already mate. Gallery is updated but no paypal donation mod on this version. Easy enough to add though.
hectic
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by hectic »

ModphpBB is awesome! That's why it disappoints me to say I can't use it. :cray:

Where are the styles? I would really like to install and use ModphpBB, but I do not want to use the default styles. :banghead: Please release some more styles, a variety, some light some dark (I need a dark theme (maybe just update the carbon theme)).

If you can not create styles in a timely manner, please post an in depth "how to" or tutorial on how a style can be converted to use ModphpBB. :beg: Sorry I can't donate, I'm poor, but I'll click on some ads.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

If you had clicked around the forum you would have seen styles are starting to be edited for the new ModphpBB3 1.0.5 versions which was only released Christmas?

If you click that little donate button at the top and pledge a small paypal donation, you would probably find more styles being edited and even depending on donation would be able to request a style edited you like.

;)